When is the best time to write an offer? Being the first one to offer is so difficult because "What if you underbid?" or "What if you overbid?" I think writing an offer near the time the
5 Things To Do When Writing An Offer
Dated: July 7 2021
When is the best time to write an offer?
Being the first one to offer is so difficult because "What if you underbid?" or "What if you overbid?"
I think writing an offer near the time the offer is going to get submitted is the easiest time to offer.
The agent can give you a clearer picture of what the seller wants to see in the offer, and may be able to give you the ballpark figures they already have in hand. Many agents won't tell you where the offers are.... so whether you are first or last, most of the time it's still a guessing game.
Here's my advice.
1. GET Pre-approved so you know exactly what your budget is. Provide your agent proof of funds if using cash.
2. If you like the house, and you can see your family being happy in that home, Write the offer.
3. Have your agent pull recent sales and pay close attention to pending homes.
4. Write your best offer the first time. There aren't bidding wars... It's best and final. If you win, you are happy, If you lose, you are happy, because you wouldn't have gone higher anyways.
5. Have your agent make sure to talk with the agent on the other side... Clear communication is key! If they like your agent, you have a better shot!
WHO YOU WORK WITH MATTERS
Start your search!
Latest Blog Posts
One common statistic that all reports suggest when determining the number of errors that exist on credit reports is...A LOT.